“If you like to drink sake and want to know more about it, you should try “Kirameki” “.
A sake professional told this to me when we drank together. Till then every time I’m at a liquor shop or a bar I’ve been looking for this brand name.
More than 6 month passed, I got an opportunity to get a gift box of this sake by chance. Now let’s open it.
Bottles were packed luxury in a wooden box which reminiscent me luxury taste. Now, let’s try.
- Band Name : Kirameki Kinryo
- Specific Name : Junmai Daiginjo
- Other Characteristics : None
- Alcohol Degree : 16 to 17%
- Ingredient Rice : Yamadanishiki
- Rice Remained : 35%
- Brewer : Nishino Kinryo Corporation in Kagawa Prefecture
- Web Page: http://www.nishino-kinryo.co.jp/en/
- Price : JPY 5500 / 720 ml at the official online shop
How Does it Taste?
Modestly fresh and sour aroma like a pineapple. Once you sip it sweet and mellow taste covers the surface of your tongue. “Kirameki” means “Sparkle” in English, but its taste is rather creamy than sparkling.
Following the recommendation on the official web site, I prepared simple taste cuisine. I could perfectly salted and grilled a fish which really had a nice marriage with Kirameki.
It’s a bit expensive, but you can buy it through the official web site if you are in Japan. If you want to try a luxury brand, then I would recommend you to Kirameki.